Wednesday, March 23, 2016

"Elio Quiroga with those who dream" - An interview for 7 Islands Magazine


7 Islands Magazine is a charming, elegant and really well written online magazine born in the Canaries. They interviewed me some weeks ago, and here's the English version.

In the (quite long) chat with my interviewer (shot in La Puntilla, Las Canteras Beach, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria), I talked a bit about my last novel, "Los que sueñan" ("Those who dream"; hence the interview title) which won the 2015 Minotauro Award; the most prestigious Science-Fiction and Fantasy literary award in Spanish language. 

We chatted also about my last film, a documentary about infamous (and almost forgotten) French film pioneer Max Linder, titled "The mystery of the King of Kinema" which won a Special Mention of the Jury in the Gijón International Film Festival, and about my next film project, an adaptation of Canarian author Alexis Ravelo's hit noir novel "La estrategia del pequinés" ("The pequinese strategy"). 

And here and there are some surprises too... 

Hope you like it!